At our recent stay at the newly opened Accor hotel in Singapore, the Mercure Singapore Bugis Hotel definitely surprised us positively. Situated next to the Bugis MRT station, shopping malls, a dozen dining spots, and spunky little neighborhoods such as Arab Street and Little India, Mercure was perfect for a quick weekend staycation in the city.
Here are our Top 8 reasons why we enjoyed our overnight stay:
8. From a standard room, we got upgraded to a loft room. More space, more fun.
7. There’s always excitement in climbing staircases. Surprise, your bedroom is found upstairs!
6. Hotel ‘Handy’ Phones always come in handy. You can use them to text or call your friends and they have complimentary data as well for internet consumption. Plus you can bring them outside the hotel during your stay!
5. Room with a view. Look at this beautiful city view from our hotel room.
4. Tasteful local art adorning the hallways. They come in different styles and colors too!
3. Posh dining at Sauces by Chef Daniel. All-day dining (including breakfasts) get served at Sauces, the stylish 160-seater restaurant which serves modern Western dishes.
2. Modern, stylish lobby. Contrary to the design of other Mercure hotels in the region, this particular property adds modern vibrancy in the look and feel of its lobby — from the bar which seemingly headlines as the hotel’s main centerpiece to the mix of furniture which resembles the vibe of artsy boutique hotels.
1. Mercure’s Outdoor Pool. The hotel boasts a pretty outdoor pool with a handsome view of Singapore’s city skyline (St. Joseph’s Church on the left and the CBD buildings as the backdrop)
Mercure Singapore Bugis: 122 Middle Rd, 188973, Call: 6521 6088. Or visit their website: http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-A0D7-mercure-singapore-bugis/index.shtml