Councilor Alfred Vargas was all smiles and giddy while holding his Best Actor award upon entering the restaurant last Thursday. A few days after securing the Best Actor award at this year’s FAMAS Awards, Alfred celebrated this new milestone with the showbiz press. Speaking in a mix of Tagalog and English, Alfred expressed his gratitude and shared his experiences.

“Maraming salamat po sa oras ninyo. Thanksgiving po ito. I want to celebrate this milestone victory with you, guys, kasi you’ve been throughout my career kahit noong nagsisimula ako. Even in my speech, laking pasasalamat ko rin kina Nanay Lolit Solis. This is a thanksgiving celebration and fellowship, our way of thanking you for all your support,” Alfred began, acknowledging the support of his fans and the press.

Afred tied with Piolo Pascual in the category

Despite his win at the prestigious awards show, the 42-year-old actor revealed his disappointment over his film “Pieta” not making it to the official entries in the 49th Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) last year. He admitted that it hurt and disappointed him. “Masakit pero I have accepted the fact na ang hirap talagang makapasok sa MMFF. Parang dumaan ka talaga sa butas ng karayom. I had my share of MMFF films. So ganoon talaga. Sometimes you make it, sometimes you don’t. ,” he shared.

Reflecting on his past successes at the MMFF with films like “Tagpuan,” “Bridal Shower,” and “Banal,” Alfred remarked, “Sometimes you make it, sometimes you don’t. But I can’t deny it felt like a waste that Pieta wasn’t included because so many people believe in this film.”

See also  Born-ready: Jehramae Trangia is set to be Viva Records' next big star

This year, Alfred decided to forego participating in the MMFF to focus on other pursuits. Since taking office, he has accomplished a lot. He is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Urban and Regional Planning at the University of the Philippines Diliman. Additionally, he has ventured into business, which has given him more flexibility to spend time with his family, recently welcoming their fourth child.

“And to top it all, I made a film with Nora Aunor, Gina Alajar, and Jaclyn Jose, and we even won an award. I’m enjoying myself and being very productive while serving,” he elaborated, clearly relishing his current phase of life.

Alfred also shared plans for “Pieta” to be shown exclusively in SM cinemas through special screenings. “Pieta will not be shown in any streaming platform. Pieta will be shown exclusively in SM cinemas. Ittour natin ito through special exclusive screenings. Right now, I’m happy to say we have several fully booked screenings across the country,” he announced. Superstar Nora Aunor will be attending one of the screenings.

He added, “Late June talaga ang special screening with Ate Guy. Tribute rin ito sa pagiging artist niya. July onwards start na ng tour for ‘Pieta.'”

After winning a prestigious acting award, Alfred mentioned that he would be more selective about his roles. “Yes, pero even before naman, ‘yun na rin tayo. We can only do one project a year. Nagkataon, Pieta ‘yung only project ko last year. Sinuwerte rin tayo. Hindi na rin tayo gumagawa ng mga roles na hindi ko gusto and projects na hindi natin gusto,” he said. As an update about his upcoming projects, he spilled, “Ang puwede ko lang ma-share, may pending ngayon, mga tatlong movies we’re scheduled to do. Pero in the next few years pa ‘yun.” As of the moment, Alfred said, he is focused on his primary job – public service.

See also  LOOK: Mark Zambrano's Kilig Wedding Proposal for Aicelle Santos
Previous

LOOK: Marian Rivera finds new reason to smile

Next

Brilliant Skin Essentials CEO Glenda Dela Cruz honored at Indonesia's Inspiring Women Excellence Awards 2024

About Author

www.RandomRepublika.com

The Home of Pinoy Pop Culture.
The blog site for everyone who loves trends, culture and random wows!

Check Also