Tonight’s episode of Dream Dad had me looking for dessert just when I was still having dinner (hehe!). Fictional Wink Milk’s newest endorser Baby (Jana Agoncillo) and her Momsie (Gloria Diaz) in the hit primetime teleserye prepared a treat for Baste a.k.a. President (Zanjoe Marudo) — pastillas de leche. I suddenly remembered how my siblings used to do the same milky concoction when we were kids. Sharing with you here my personal recipe with some add-ons as inspired by Dream Dad. (Screenshots courtesy of ABS-CBN and iWantTV)
Note: Looks like this creative activity the show portrayed can also be a great parent-and-child bonding idea.
DREAM DAD-INSPIRED PASTILLAS DE LECHE RECIPE
- 2.5 cups full cream powdered milk
- 1 cup condensed milk (For a healthified version, use 1/2 cup water or adjust the measurement as needed)
- granulated sugar
- toppings (optional – samples listed below)
1) Combine powdered milk and condensed milk in a bowl.
2) Mix the ingredients until a dough-like consistency is achieved.
3) Using your hands or a spoon, mold the mixture into different shapes.
4) Roll the molded pieces on granulated sugar and place them on a cookie sheet/wax paper.
5) Add some toppings like candy-coated milk chocolate pieces, crushed cookies, graham cracker crumbs, or chocolate balls.
FINISHED PRODUCT PEGS: