Last August 25, at the Edsa Shangri-La, a thanksgiving party was held to celebrate the success of the first TOFARM Film Festival (2016).
This project was initiated to shed light on the agricultural revolution where people are more involved with the struggles of the farmers and our kababayans in the agricultural and similar sectors. After the successful first run, TOFARM poses another challenge to filmmakers as it launches the TOFARM Film Festival 2017.
Just like the previous run, a total of six (6) film scripts will be selected by the Festival’s screening committee. Each would be earning a 1.5 million pesos grant that they can use to bring their stories to life. The Best Film shall receive Php500,000, 2nd Best Film at Php400,000, 3rd Best Film at Php300,000 and for the Special Jury Award, Php100,000. Cash prizes and the iconic TOFARM Film Fest Trophies will be brought home by the winners. Everyone is encouraged to send in their entries by November 18, 2016.
Get a glimpse of the TOFARM Film Festival 2016 through this trailer:
TOFARM Film Festival is a project pioneered by Universal Harvester Inc., to ignite the agricultural revolution in the country through a creative medium — film. This is a brainchild of Dr. Milagros How, Executive Vice President of UHI and award winning film director Maryo J. Delos Reyes.
Note: TOFARM Film Festival has recently concluded its first leg, currently doing a run in the provinces starting off with Central Luzon last August 24 until 30, 2016. Cebu and Davao will follow shortly in September and October respectively.
Check out the information below on how to join.
TOFARM FILM FESTIVAL 2017 DETAILS:
With the theme, “Planting the seeds of change,” TOFARM will be holding the 2nd TOFARM Film Festival 2017. The farmer needs to be updated and open to new perspectives given the advent of change and the fast development of modern technology as well as the changes in attitudes, cultures, mores and lifestyles. He is encouraged to look for innovative approaches to farming and agriculture, fishing and animal husbandry. These objectives should be incorporated in the film entries. A total of six (6) film scripts will be selected by the TOFARM Film Festival Screening Committee and each will be given a grant for production.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
|Aug. 25, 2016||Launching / Press Conference of the 2nd TOFARM Film Festival, 2017||Mactan Function Room,
EDSA Shangri-La Hotel
|Nov. 18, 2016||Deadline of submission of screenplays for the 2nd TOFARM Film Festival, 2017||Media Announcement
Submission at UHI Corporate Center, P. Tuazon cor 7th Street, Cubao, Quezon City
|January 20, 2017||Announcement of the 6 Finalist of the 2nd TOFARM Film Festival, 2017||TBA|
|June 2, 2017||Deadline of submission of the 6 completed full-length films||HCC,TOFARM Secretariat Office|
|July 12, 2017||2nd TOFARM Film Festival Grand Opening Ceremony||TBA|
|July 12-18, 2017||Theatrical Screenings of 2nd TOFARM Film Festival, 2017 Entries||TBA|
|July 18, 2017||2nd TOFARM Film Festival, 2017 Awards and Closing Ceremony||TBA|
FULL LENGTH FEATURE SCREENPLAY COMPETITION
- All interested amateur and professional writers, students, hobbyists, farmers, and media practitioners, producers, directors must submit the following requirements on or before 5pm, Friday (November 18, 2016), to the TOFARM Secretariat Office, 10th floor, Harvester Corporate Center, 158 P. Tuazon, cor. 7th & 8th Ave., Cubao, Quezon City.
- Duly accomplished 2017 TOFARM FILM FESTIVAL form available at www.TOFARM.org
- Synopsis written in Filipino or English (1 page, 12 pts. font size, Arial, Double Space) on a letter sized bond paper. The synopsis and screenplay must not contain the name of the writer. Writers name will have to be declared on a separate sheet with the title of the screenplay
- Full length screenplays in Filipino (in 12 pts. font size, Arial, Double Space on a letter sized bond paper)
- Resume of the proponent/writer/director/producer
- Samples of previous work (if any) in DVD format
2. Four (4) copies of each entry must be submitted properly labeled with the following information:
- Title of the film entry
- Participants’ name (Director/Writer)
- Contact details
- Proposed Production Team Line-up
3. Each of the six (6) finalists will receive a seed production grant in the amount of Php 1,500,000.00 to be released in three (3) tranches at Php 500,000.00 each.
4. The director/producer is encouraged to solicit additional funds to augment his production costs in which TOFARM shall not be liable for reimbursement.
5. Director/producer of the films must submit the following materials to the festival committee for promotional and exhibition purposes:
- Behind the scenes materials (BTS)
- Teaser and trailer of the film (in HD format)
- Major credit titles (soft and hard copies) of the film
- Vertical posters in CD jpeg format
6. The deadline for submission of the completed full-length film is on Friday, June 2, 2017.
7. The film festival awarding ceremony will be held at 7PM, July 18, 2017, at a venue to be announced later. The following prizes will be awarded:
- Best TOFARM Film 2017 Php 500,000.00 + Trophy
- 2nd Best TOFARM Film 2017 Php 400,000.00 + Trophy
- 3rd Best TOFARM Film 2017 Php 300,000.00 + Trophy
- Special Jury Award Php 100,000.00 + Trophy
- Best Director TOFARM Trophy
- Best Actor/Actress TOFARM Trophy
- Best Supporting Actor/Actress TOFARM Trophy
- Best Child Performer TOFARM Trophy
- Best Screenplay TOFARM Trophy
- Best Musical Score TOFARM Trophy
- Best Production Design TOFARM Trophy
- Best Editing TOFARM Trophy
- Best Cinematography TOFARM Trophy
*All six (6) finalists will be awarded a Plaque of Recognition.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- The film shall not be less than 75 minutes. This year’s theme is “Planting the seeds of change”. Story can be original or fiction but must be inspired by true accounts of a farmer, livestock raiser, fisher folk or other related individuals to agriculture.
- The members of the organizing committee are disqualified from joining the competition.
- Interested participants may submit a maximum of two (2) entries. However, only one entry per proponent shall be considered as a finalist.
- All finalists must have their premiere screening during the TOFARM Film Festival.
- All works must be strictly independent films and not produced by commercial producers.
- Encourage are different genres: comedy, drama, romance, action, suspense, horror and fantasy or combinations
- All entries must be submitted in a data file HD format
- The total production budget for the film may exceed Php 1,500,000.00. The proponent shall submit the copy of detailed financial statement/expenses of the grant. Additional expenses solicited from sponsors, donors, etc. by the director/producer shall be the sole responsibility of the director and TOFARM will not be responsible for any reimbursement or pay-offs.
- Due to copyright laws, the music used in any entry must be original, licensed or public domain
- Dialogue should be in Filipino or in any Philippine dialect as deemed appropriate. All entries must be subtitled in English upon submission
- Ownership of the film rights shall be on a 50% / 50% basis between TOFARM and the director/producer. The same system of sharing will be applied in all ancillary rights and pertinent negotiations, whether the film is sold, rented or leased in the Philippines or abroad.
- Proponents should assign a single representative to act on behalf of his team. All official communications shall be addressed to said representative. The TOFARM Festival committee shall not be liable for any controversy regarding the sharing of awards among the members of the team.
- TOFARM shall ensure the safety of the films throughout the period in which the materials are in the custody.
- The decision of the Board of Judges is final.
- The organizer and its agencies reserved the rights to use the entry/s name and/or materials for the purpose of publicity, advertising, and/or promotion without prior compensation or notice.
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel, change or amend this contest its Rules and Regulations
- All films already in production phase prior to April 2017 are disqualified.
For further inquiries, please contact:
TOFARM Secretariat Office
Harvester Corporate Center
Email: [email protected]