|Anne Curtis and Cristine Reyes |
(Facebook fan page – photos from Star Cinema)
Infidelity has never looked this fabulous. In just three weeks, Anne Curtis and Cristine Reyes’ film No Other Woman exceeded P220 million in ticket sales and is officially the highest-grossing local film of all time.
Apart from soon-to-be-classic lines and powerful performances, Anne and Cristine left people talking about their numerous fashion showdowns. From head to foot, Kara (Anne) and Charmaine (Cristine) looked every inch the perfect wife and foxy mistress in a tug of war.
|Photos: Youtube screencaps|
We’re here not to pit the blockbuster queens against each other but to celebrate and try to recreate their record-breaking looks.
Cristine surprised the public when she veered away from her usual feisty image and portrayed the role of Charmaine, a sweet and devoted young wife. She seemed so put-together throughout the film and consistently displayed an elegant style. Classic hairstyles and dresses matched her impeccable makeup in muted tones.
|SLEEK HIGH PONYTAIL|
Recreate the classic hairstyle through this video:
Video: Youtube (user VogueFeedsMe)
- In lieu of a pomade stick, you may use a suitable mousse product available in local beauty and drug stores. You may apply the mousse all over your hair, concentrating on the outline root areas or hairline.
- If your hair isn’t long enough for this look, you may opt to wear a clip-on ponytail.
(Photo: Tokyo Posh Hair Extensions’ Facebook page)
|CLASSIC BARBIE DOLL LOOK|
- Begin by cleansing, toning, and moisturizing your face. Allow the skin to absorb the moisturizer for around 5 minutes before proceeding to the next steps.
- Use a makeup primer as base. This will help your makeup become more blendable and long-lasting.
- Apply a creamy concealer on areas such as acne marks, freckles and undereye circles. Remember that the goal is to even out your color so avoid concealers that are too light for your skin tone. Otherwise, you might end up highlighting the problem areas.
- Choose a liquid or cream foundation that best matches your skin tone. Apply it all over your face using a foundation or stippling brush. Use of makeup brushes is recommended as it is more hygienic and helps avoid tugging the skin. Set your foundation with a loose or translucent powder using a big powder brush.
- For a polished look, define your eyebrows and remove stray hairs from the brow line. Make sure that the arch is rounded and not pointy.
- Fill in your brows with an eyebrow pencil or powder using fine, feathery strokes. If your hair is black, use a dark or medium brown eyebrow shade. If your hair is dyed with a light color, use a similar shade. Avoid using black as it usually makes the look too heavy.
- Choose earth colors for your matte eye shadow, preferably taupe and light brown shades. Apply the lightest shade over the entire area from the lash line to the brow. A medium shade should then be applied on the lower lid (from the lash line to the crease). You may also add a dark shade along the the lash line or just on the outer corner of the eye. Blend well. For more emphasis, use a bone color to highlight the brow bones. This look is reminiscent of bridal makeup with a punch of lip color.
- Line the upper lashlines with a black or dark brown liquid eyeliner or any form of eyeliner you are used to. Lightly apply liner halfway along the bottom lash lines, focusing on the outer corners.
- Curl your lashes with an eye lash curler and apply a coat or two of clear or black mascara for this tamed look.
- Using an angled brush, apply a peach-pink blush on your cheeks diagonally. Sweep blush upward from below the apples of your cheeks to the ear area.
- Swipe on a neon Barbie-doll or bright purplish pink lip color.
Kara, Anne’s character in the film, is not the stereotypical querida (you know, the bubblegum-chewing lady with distasteful makeup and dangling earrings). Anne perfected the look of a classy mistress with her sweet yet sultry style. Her sexy curls and smoky makeup largely contributed to her character’s impact.
|SOFT VOLUMIZED CURLS|
Recreate the sophisticated hairstyle with the help of these instructional videos we found online:
OPTION 1: Curling Iron
Video: Youtube (user juicystar07)
OPTION 2: Straightening Iron + Curling Iron
Video: Youtube (user missbaileyvalente)
|SOFT SMOKY EYES with NUDE LIPS|
- Start with a clean face. Cleanse, tone, and moisturize. Allow the skin to absorb the moisturizer for around 5 minutes before proceeding to the next steps.
- Use a makeup primer as base for a more blendable and long-lasting makeup.
- Spot-conceal problem areas like acne marks, freckles, and undereye circles with a creamy concealer . Choose a concealer nearest to your skin tone to even out your color.
- Choose a liquid or cream foundation that best matches your skin tone. Apply it all over your face using a foundation or stippling brush. Set your foundation with a loose or translucent powder using a big powder brush.
- Groom your eyebrows and remove stray hairs from the brow line. Remember that the arch should be rounded and not pointy.
- Fill in your brows with an eyebrow pencil or powder using fine, feathery strokes. Dark or medium brown eyebrow shade if your hair is black and a similar shade to your hair if it is dyed light. Use of black tends to make the look unnatural.
- For a soft smoky eye effect similar to Kara’s, choose either the gray or plum color line for your matte eye shadow. Do not go for eye shadows that are too dark to avoid looking like a rockstar. Apply the lightest shade over the entire area from the lash lines to the brows. A medium shade should then be applied on the lower lids (from the lash lines to the creases). Add a dark shade along the the lash lines, on the creases, and the outer corners of the eye. Blend well. Use a bone color to highlight the brow bones.
- Line the upper lashlines with a black liquid eyeliner or any form of eyeliner you are used to. Lightly apply liner halfway along the bottom lash lines, focusing on the outer corners.
- Curl your lashes with an eye lash curler and apply two to three coats of black mascara for this look.
- Using an angled brush, apply a peach-pink blush or bronzer on your cheeks diagonally. Sweep blush upward from below the apples of your cheeks to the ear area.
- For an instant pop, apply a little highlighter on your cheekbones. Keep the shimmer to a minimum to avoid a messy, frosted look.
- Use a nude base and top it off with a pale pink semi-matte lipstick. If you are using a matte lipstick, glam it up a bit by swiping some clear gloss.
READ Do You Already Miss Atom Araullo in the Kapamilya Network? Watch Him Resto-Hop in Hong Kong Tonight on the Lifestyle TV Channel
|Cristine Reyes and Anne Curtis channeling their characters’ looks in their press conference|
Photo: Facebook fan page – photo from Star Cinema
- Copy Cristine’s look here by dabbing the peach-pink blush directly on the apples of your cheeks.
- Get Anne’s gorgeous look by following the instructions above but replacing the smoky eye shadow with neutral shades and the nude lips with a coral shade.