One Direction (with Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne) performed at the Singapore National Stadium on March 11, 2015 for their “On the Road Again” tour.
At SG$300+, my VIP/Hotseat tickets were obviously overpriced. And come to think of it, the ones standing (free standing area aka mosh pit) were actually closer to the stage, while we were 10 feet away. Meron pang barricades that separate us and the 1D boys. Yes, bitter ako. Consolation prize na lang that we get to sit down whenever they play songs I’m not familiar with. Clap-clap na lang, pretend-pretend.
Plus, we also got these complimentary watches with their personal signatures engraved at the back. I-consider ko na lang ito as personal investments at mabenta nga 20 years from now at SG$400. Di ba, may tubo pa! Malay niyo, legendary Beatles sila in-the-making. Wish.
Medyo natauhan ako half way through the concert–what made me purchase these concert tickets again?
So I’ve made a list with six of my life realizations after watching 1D:
- Nakakakilabot pala palibutan ng all-out screaming teenagers in their cropped shirts and sandos. Di ako na-inform na uso na pala ang pang grocery or walk-in-the-park outfits pag manunuod ng concerts.
- I was offered to transfer to the mosh pit area. But no thanks. I’d rather have my seat. #lolomode
- Kahit paos at di naabot ni Harry Styles ang highest notes all throughout the show, tinitilian pa rin siya ng audience. I wonder why? Eh bakit si Regine V., pumiyok lang, nagpa-repeat concert agad. Harry, mahiya ka please. Free repeat concert!
- Boses chipmunks pala sila with their speaking voice. Pakinggan niyo, try lang.
- I don’t understand bakit tinitilian si Zayn Malik ng sister ko. E para lang naman siyang Adam Levine na natuyot 10x sa pagsinghot ng rugby-elmers glue combo in his early 20s.
- Ang hirap pala magpretend na alam mo songs nila, from the bottom of your heart. Truly, BEST.SONGS.EVER. #storyofmylife
Here’s the little proof that they did formally invite us to move to the mosh pit, at no charge. Of course wala dapat bayad no – we paid twice as much kaya as compared to those in the standing area!
All you 1D fans out there, here’s a little video treat from One Direction’s Singapore concert last night, which I personally recorded for our Random Republika readers. I’ll be posting more videos in the next few days, so stay tuned!