Our day started damp and chilly due to the monsoon that briefly showered the city-state that Saturday morning. But despite the rains, we were nonetheless all fired up to already kickstart our very jam-packed concert weekend, which was THIS in a nutshell: #TeamNoSleep.
‘Checking-in at our hotel accommodation; running to the airport for our first set of celebrity interviews; running back to the hotel to edit the video footages and write blog posts about it; create some event props; head back to the airport before midnight to fetch the main star of the concert; edit more videos and write more social media posts; grab some minimal sleep; check out from the hotel before they even start serving breakfasts; run to the concert hall at 7 a.m.; assemble our event booth; do an exclusive celebrity Q&A; watch the actual concert; and attend the post-concert party. Whew!!!’
Amidst the chaos, we were lucky enough to pick the New Majestic Hotel as our place of respite and temporary ‘Random Republika HQ’ for that weekend.
Located at the city center (conveniently sitting next to two MRT stations: Outram and Tanjong Pagar) in the beguiling Outram-Chinatown neighborhood, the New Majestic Hotel was a pleasant, artsy surprise to all of us. With various art pieces displayed left and right, this art deco hotel was indeed a perfect haven to release our inner creativity.
From their warm service team to their zany suites, the design-savvy boutique hotel proved to be outstandingly remarkable.
And here’s why…
- The concierge allowed us to check-in as early as 10 a.m. In this day and age when every hour counts, we are thankful for the extra morning time they gave us to already relax in our room and to help us unpack our stuff while doing a million other things.
- We loved the welcome gifts they passed to us as they were thoughtful and personal. The team received three black New Majestic-branded tote bags and a handwritten letter from the hotel.
- The Justin Lee-designed Attic Suite (Flag – Samsui Woman) was vogue, whimsical, and understated. It was spacious; surprisingly sufficient enough to possibly host 5-10 people for a pajama or birthday party.
- The neighborhood was fun to explore (on foot!). From fancy coffee shops to duck rice hawker centers and local bookstores, every little corner has a special offering whether you are a tourist or a resident.
- The hotel is quirky, we are quirky — and it’s no surprise, we are a big fit.
Too bad we didn’t have the chance to explore the hotel facilities that much – but as they say, there’s always a next time!
Upon entering the room, it took us about an hour just touring the attic suite and simply getting amazed — well, that includes taking selfies from every pretty little corner. The standouts include the barber shop chair, the stairs we kept climbing up and down like little kids, and the room’s centerpiece — the twin bathtubs with a painting of an old,peculiar-looking lady adorning the wall.
Thank god for their Ploh beds and pillows too, we didn’t have any issues heading to deep slumber at all.
The hotel may seem ridiculously outlandish at first glance with rooms such as the sexually-charged ‘Pussy Parlour’ and crazily eerie ‘Weeds,’ but heck – that’s New Majestic’s real beauty: Being outrageous. Celebrating everyone’s uniqueness. And at the end of the day, still providing you good service and comfort.
Swimming Pool Area
Welcome gift & letter from the New Majestic Hotel Team
BIG THANKS to the New Majestic Hotel for hosting us!
The New Majestic Hotel is currently offering these ongoing room promotions:
- Stay for 2 nights, take 20% off the best available rates. BOOK NOW
- Book at least 14 days in advance, get up to 10% off the best available rates. BOOK NOW
Address: 31–37 Bukit Pasoh Road Singapore 089845 | For general enquiries, call: +65 6511 4700 or email: [email protected]
Visit their website: http://www.newmajestichotel.com/