Last June 1, a bloggers’ conference was held at ABS-CBN for Love Me Tomorrow’s star Coleen Garcia. She was joined in by Star Cinema‘s creative manager Kriz Gazmen and producer Marivic Ong. A pretty Coleen channeling Lara Croft with her Tomb Raider vibe faced the bloggers and some members of the press and gamely answered the questions.
Here are some random highlights:
- Coleen sees younger self in Barbie Imperial who played the role of her sister in the film. The two shared a single yet memorable moment in the story.
- Coleen shared that she now has a special bond with co-star Dawn Zulueta whom she finds really admirable and considers her “Tita peg.” They were even together last weekend at Dawn’s place.
- Without spilling all the beans (other lead stars are still kept a secret!), Kriz Gazmen revealed Coleen’s new project will be a sexy-action-comedy movie entitled Extra Service. She will be working with two other actresses (Could they be her Pasion de Amor sisters? Hmmm.)
- An in-between millennial and Tita. We asked her if there are “Tita” symptoms in her this early given she portrayed being a millennial so well and she laughingly revealed there are. Her inspiration for portraying the free-spirited and carefree Janine was her fun-loving and single self around three years ago.
- Coleen revealed Billy’s funny reaction upon seeing her love scene with Piolo — “Better naman than Ex [with Benefits].” (Ex with Benefits is Coleen’s debut film with Derek Ramsay and she was subjected to some daring love scenes.)
- Not going back to It’s Showtime. Coleen says she’s open to visiting and guesting in It’s Showtime where she’s been a host for some time but there are no plans for her to go back. It can be recalled that Coleen left the program when she had Pasion de Amor as a major teleserye project. Coleen acknowledged the value of all her learnings from the show but believes she has to keep the momentum in her career and move forward.
- On Dad Jose‘s much-talked about pairing with Karla Estrada a.k.a. #KarJo. Coleen said she wants her dad to be happy and she sees Karla Estrada as the female version of him. On the two having a relationship in the future and possibly getting married, Coleen said, “If gusto nila, why not?”
Watch the full video here: