This Saturday, May 6, powerbelters Morissette Amon and Tanya Manalang are joining forces in their first major concert together – Platinum: World’s Favorite Hit Songs Live! at the Resorts World Manila‘s Newport Performing Arts Theater (8PM). Joining the ladies as special guest is OPM president, singer, songwriter and actor Ogie Alcasid who has 12 gold, three platinum, and another three double-platinum records to his name. The show is written and directed by Freddie Santos, with the musical direction of Maestro Rodel Colmmenar and a rhythm ensemble from the Manila Philharmonic Orchestra.
A musical extravaganza, Platinum: World’s Favorite Hit Songs Live! promises a night of chart-toppers from Tagalog ballads to London hits and Hollywood theme songs. The ladies will showcase their vocal prowesses with outstanding platinum hits from almost all musical genres.
Tickets are now available at the RWM Box Office and all Ticketworld outlets. Visit www.rwmanila.com or call (632) 908-8833 for more details.
- Johanne Morissette Daug Amon broke into showbiz as the first-runner up of TV5’s Star Factor in 2012. Today, she simply introduces herself onstage as Morissette.
- Born and raised in Cebu, Morissette has reaped awards from the PMPC Star Awards, the M.O.R. Pinoy Music Awards, the National Consumer Affairs Foundation’s Seal of Excellence Awards, the Wish 107.5 Music Awards, and has performed in sold out concerts nationwide throughout her career.
- Morissette made her mark as a certified social media sensation by earning 35 million views on YouTube for her rendition of Little Mix’s “Secret Love Songs”.
- She has graced the theater stage taking on the role of Mitchie Torres in Disney’s Camp Rock in 2012 and as Darla in Chuva Choo Choo, the Mr. Kupido Musicale in 2015.
- She released her first album, the self-titled Morissette in 2015 which won for her the Star Awards New Female Recording Artist of the Year.
- Morissette is a mainstay of long-time weekend variety show ASAP, cast alongside other top female belters of OPM pop today, the Birit Queens.
- She is the voice behind such Filipino movie theme songs as “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now” from the movie Crazy Beautiful You, “Someone’s Always Saying Goodbye” in You’re Still the One, “Something I Need” in Everything About Her.
- She held her first major sold-out concert last year showcasing her versatility in performing covers from artists such as Basil Valdez, Beyoncé, and Barbara Streisand along with her own original singles.
- Aside from her impeccable whistle register and broad vocal range, Morissette’s determination to show her true talents as a total performer has impressed music authorities all over the country.
- Tanya started singing at the tender age of five.
- At eight, she landed her first professional role as Lucy Pevensie in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and after the experience, decided to pursue her dream of becoming a theater actress.
- Landing the coveted role of Kim in Sir Cameron McKintosh’s 2014 West End revival of Miss Saigon proved to be the defining moment for Tanya as an actress.
- Like a true devoted actress, Tanya polished her craft when she was given a scholarship to the Arts Educational Schools in London by McKintosh.
- Her performances as an alternate of Kim in Miss Saigon at the Prince Edward Theater earned her critical acclaim. Even with her success at the West End, she returns home to once again perform for Filipino audiences.
- Prior to her big break in London, Tanya had already performed in such major productions in the country as Godspell, Whistle Down The Wind, Footloose, In The Heights, KAOS, The Sound of Music, and The King And I. Last year, she landed the lead female roles in Tick Tick Boom as Susan and in Rak of Aegis as Aileen which won for her the Best Actress in a Musical award from the Guild of Educators, Mentors, and Students Awards 2017.
- Tanya’s impressive vocal range allows her to perform songs in the same manner as sopranos and mezzo-sopranos can.
- She has also graced the both local and international concert stages brandishing her beautiful voice in such productions as Some Enchanted Music, From East Coast to West End, Curtains Up!, and ABS-CBN’s Disney Concert: Tale as Old as Time, among others.
- Ogie was a member of the La Salle Greenhills high school music ministry group Kundirana. During his early years, many already knew Ogie Alcasid was destined to be a star. Whether he pursues his passion as a hit singer-songwriter or dabbles in comedy roles in television or film, Ogie has weaved his magic throughout the years earning him more than 70 awards and citations in his stellar career.
- More than 20 albums released in 28 years in the business. Ogie is a certified platinum artist with 12 gold, three platinum, and another three double-platinum records to his name, not to mention his string of hits such as “Dito Sa Puso Ko”, “Ikaw Sana”, “Hanggang Ngayon”, “Kung Mawawala Ka”, “Nandito Ako” and many more.
- Early this year, Ogie has expressed how 2017 is going to be a new beginning for him – a change of home network, a newly released album entitled “Ikaw Ang Buhay Ko” (which he lovingly dedicated to his wife, Asia’s Songbird Regine Velasquez), and his current role as the president of the Organisasyon ng Pilipinong Mang-Aawit.